debconf is mature now, but yet to be done:
- better UI's
(use sphynx for a voice driven UI?)
- databases can always be improved
- new directory dbdriver idea; middle ground between tree and
- new datatypes? Any suggestions?
- input data validation? how?
- removing the many hacks in debconf, and integrating better with
- make dpkg run config scripts
- fix hackish postinst interface
- fix template file finding/loading hacks, with dpkg
- stop using stdio for communication due to fd issues
- cdebconf; debconf-2.0 provide; etc
- better configlet intergration, or enough hinting to elimintate
the need for them
- should debconf be mandated by policy yet?
- when will the last few packages be converted to use it?